Moving can be a tedious task for many. To add to that, finding a moving company that meets your moving needs is part of an already difficult process. Given a number of valuables a person may have, it can be easy to understand why some people choose to handle the move themselves. While moving costs can be a factor for some, there are a few things that should be evaluated when looking at DIY moving vs hiring movers.
DIY Moving vs Hiring Movers
Depending on the size of your move, moving can be a task many people are not fully equipped for. While moving locally can have its financial benefits, often times many people do not realize the amount of time and energy spent on a move. While moving yourself can have its benefits, here are just a few things you may want to consider:
- You are often liable for damage on any items
- Costs are not as calculated/fixed
- You may take longer time packing/loading than a mover would
Benefits to Hiring Movers
Most people believe the better way to move is by doing it yourself but the truth is that when you take insurance and liability and other factors into account, moving on your own can be more costly than hiring a mover. While moving isn’t always a frequent event in someone’s life, professional movers do it every day and at Colonial Van Lines we’ve pretty much perfected the moving process. benefits to hiring a mover:
- Movers are on a fixed schedule versus waiting for family and friends to come help
- Movers have the tools and expertise to handle your move efficiently and quickly
- Often times one truck can fit your belongings
- Long distance moves are done daily and experience means fewer problems with the move
Finding a Reliable Moving Company While Keeping Moving Cost Down
Finding the right moving company isn’t always easy. When considering DIY moving vs hiring movers it’s important to find a trusted mover that meets your moving needs. When shopping around for moving quotes, check their online reviews, and contact them for the best pricing. With a little homework, moving is simpler than one might think.