Our team at Colonial Van Lines not only specializes in long distance moving we also care about the environment. We keep your best interests in mind so we have come up with a few great tips on “How To Go Green When Planning a Long Distance Move”. Not only can you save some money by going green but you will also be helping the environment.
Reuse and Recycle
- Instead of buying new moving boxes reach out to any friends and family who have recently moved.
- If you are packing use old newspaper to protect your glassware.
- Moving is a great time to clean so why not make the best out of it, buy cleaning supplies that are free of harmful chemicals is also a must-have if you have small children or pets.
- If you have old fruits and vegetables don’ t throw them out plant them in your yard and start a garden.
- Make sure to shut off lights in rooms that you are not working in. This conserves energy, saves you money and the environment at the same time.
- Purchase energy efficient appliances and light bulbs to save on your electrical bill.
Going green is not only helpful for your long distance move it has overall benefits in the long run. You can effectively do your part in helping the environment and save some money by living more efficiently.The next time you or a friend is planning a long distance move take a moment to think of how you can go green. We hope you find these quick tips useful, feel free to check out our blog for more great ideas.
Are you ready to book your long distance move? Contact Colonial Van Lines today!