Considering moving to Columbus, GA? You’ve picked a city that has something to offer everyone, visitors and new residents alike. No matter your reasons for long-distance moving to Columbus, GA, Colonial Van Lines is here to help.
Columbus, GA Long-Distance Movers
Known as The Fountain City, there are plenty of reasons one would want to move to Columbus, GA. Columbus has a humid subtropical climate, which means hot summers and mild winters. Combine this with sprawling suburban districts and superb public schooling, and it’s easy to see why one would want to move here.
Before booking your cross-country movers in Columbus, here are some things you should know:
- Registering: If you are moving in from out of state, you’ll have to apply for a Georgia driver’s license and register your car within 30 days.
- Transportation: While there are public transportation options, most residents own their own vehicles to commute.
- Affordable Living Costs: More likely than not, you’ll find that Columbus is cheaper to live in than your previous location, due to affordable housing and cheaper gas prices.
Keep in mind that you should book your movers at least three months in advance for the best experience.
Long-Distance Moving Services in Columbus, GA
If you are planning on long-distance moving to Columbus, GA, our professional movers are here to help. In Columbus, we offer the following services:
- Long-Distance Moving: From beginning to end, our experienced movers can help you execute a seamless transition from your starting place to your destination. From packing to shipping, we have you covered.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Get a free quote today!
Let Mover Bob Calculate the Cost of Your Move
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
The Colonial Cube
Currently, our Colonial Cube services are only available within a 250-mile radius of our hub locations. We are constantly looking to expand to other hub locations to help movers across the country.
The Colonial Cube offers you both freedom and flexibility when cross country moving. We ship your cube to your home, and then you can pack at your own pace. We don’t impose any deadlines, so you can take your time. Once finished, we’ll pick up the cube and either deliver it safely to your destination, or store it at one of our secure locations until you need it.
Every Colonial Cube is:
- Handled like they contain our own belongings
- Designed to protect against weather and impacts
- Great for long-distance moving
- Stored right-side-up to protect your belongings
Our professional movers can even pack your cube for you if you need, allowing you to focus on other matters.
Colonial Cubes Are Available in the Following Areas
Our Colonial Cubes are available within 250 miles of the following areas:
- Wyckoff, NJ
- Killeen, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Sacramento, CA
- Garner, NC
- Seattle, WA
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
Contact us for a free moving quote today.
Here are some answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:
1. How Long Before My Move Should I Contact a Moving Company
Generally speaking, you should contact them as soon as possible to minimize the risk of any scheduling conflicts. You certainly shouldn’t contact them later than three months before your move to get the most seamless experience.
2. What Should I Prioritize When Moving?
If you are wanting a great reference for your move, be sure to check our long-distance moving checklist.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
At Colonial Van Lines, we pride ourselves on giving prompt, world-class service. This said, the more flexible you are with your moving date, the better the chances of a smooth, seamless transition.