Are you planning on moving to Fort Lauderdale or the Tri-County area? Or maybe you’re leaving Fort Lauderdale for new adventures? No matter what time of year you are planning on making your move, you are going to want professional help to reduce the burden that a long-distance move can put on your shoulders.
At Colonial Van Lines, we’re here to help with any cross-country moving needs you may have.
Fort Lauderdale & Tri-County Long Distance Movers
Known as the “Venice of America,” Fort Lauderdale is a city full of exotic culture, exquisite food, and long days of fun. There are plenty of reasons why one would want to move to Fort Lauderdale. Whether for economic opportunities in a variety of industries, the pleasant climate, or simply wanting to be near the ocean, Fort Lauderdale has something for everyone.
Here are a few things you should know before moving:
- Sunny and Stormy: Fort Lauderdale and the Tri-County region are well-known for long, sunny days, but it’s not uncommon in the summertime to experience evening thunderstorms or periods of intense rainfall. Best to dress accordingly.
- Tourist Hotspot: This city attracts tourists from around the world, especially since it is a hotspot for cruise lines and other nautical recreation. Along with pristine beaches and a robust culture, Fort Lauderdale does have plenty to offer, so prepare to meet quite a few tourists.
Cost of Living: While it’s a great place to live, Fort Lauderdale can be quite expensive for residents. This said, it is known as one of the best cities in Florida and is one of the most popular retirement destinations in the country, so it may be well worth the cost.
Anyone considering cross-country moving to this destination would do well to book their long-distance movers at least three months in advance. In the summertime, you may want to book them even earlier.
Long Distance Moving Services in Fort Lauderdale & Tri-County Region
We know how daunting a cross country move is, which is why we offer world-class long distance moving services in Fort Lauderdale and the Tri-County region to help take away the hassle. We offer the following services:
- Long Distance Moving: From beginning to end, Colonial Van Lines can help throughout each step of the moving process. Not only will you receive the respect you deserve from our professional movers, we can assure you that your belongings will arrive safe and sound at your destination.
- Colonial Cubes: Our Colonial Cubes are part of a modular moving and storing service that is specifically designed to help you move how and when you choose. This service is provided at each of our hub locations for your convenience.
You shouldn’t make long distance moving to or from Fort Lauderdale and the Tri-County area any harder than it needs to be. With Colonial Van Lines by your side, you’ll be able to craft and execute an effective moving schedule for a more seamless transition to your new home.
Let Mover Bob Calculate the Cost of Your Move
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
The Colonial Cube
If it’s flexibility and freedom you are looking for during a move, look no further than our Colonial Cubes. This service is fully modular and is a secure way to ensure that your belongings end up at your new home safe and sound.
Our Colonial Cubes are:
- Stored right-side-up to keep your items safe
- Great for temporary or long-term storage
- Great for long distance moving
When you work with us, you’ll find that we go the extra mile. Unlike many of our competitors, our cross-country movers in Fort Lauderdale and the Tri-County area can come to your home and pack your cube for you—unless you’d rather pack it yourself, of course. Either way, our professional specialists will deliver your cube to your home, help you get set up, and pick it up when you’re done. We can also store your cube in one of our secure storage facilities, so that it’ll be safe and sound when you need it.
Colonial Cube Hubs Are Available In The Following Areas:
You can access our Colonial Cube services at any one of our hub locations across the U.S. or within 250 miles of any hub city.
- Wyckoff, NJ
- Killeen, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Sacramento, CA
- Garner, NC
- Seattle, WA
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
1. How Does the Colonial Cube Work?
First, we drop off the Colonial Cube at your house. You can then pack it yourself or allow our movers to do so. Once finished, place a lock on the cube and then we can either transport it straight to your new location or keep it at our secure storage facility until you are ready for it.
2. What Should I Prioritize During a Move?
Cross-country moving is filled with a lot of difficult decisions. If you need help making a plan, be sure to check out our long-distance moving checklist.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
Colonial Van Lines prides itself on giving prompt, quality service. However, the more flexible you are with your moving date, the more likely it is that your cross-country moving will be seamless.