Thanks to Colonial Van Lines, moving to Long Island has never been easier. With our more than fifty years of moving experience and various types of moving services, you can be sure that your move with us will be professional from start to finish.
Long Island Long-Distance Movers
Your cross-country moving and planning should start with some basic information about the area you’re moving to. Keep these things about Long Island in mind as you begin to figure out what time of year you’d like to move:
- Weather: The summers in Long Island are warm and humid, but the winters are cold, snowy, and windy. So a summertime or warmer-weather move might be the right idea.
- Famous Beaches: The area is known to have well-known, popular beaches, which could mean the summertime months will be extra crowded with tourists or vacationers.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is a fun event that draws a lot of attention and traffic. If you think a spring move might be the way to go, keep that in mind.
Long-Distance Moving Services in Long Island, NY
Colonial Van Lines offers a series of professional long-distance moving services in Long Island, including the following:
- Long-Distance Moving: Enjoy full-service, long-distance moving in Long Island with our team. We will ensure your belongings are packed properly and transported quickly and professionally.
- Colonial Cubes: Besides long-distance moving services, we also offer The Colonial Cube. This modular storage option provides greater flexibility to clients moving their belongings cross-country.
Our world-class team has been in the business of moving people and their belongings across the country for decades. We will be there to answer any questions and help you make your move faster, more efficient, and smoother. Contact us today for a free quote.
Get a Free Quote Today!
The Colonial Cube
The Colonial Cube is designed to make the moving process seamless and efficient. It’s a full-service moving and storage option that can take a lot of your belongings’ packing and transportation off your hands.
Our Colonial Cubes are:
- Stored right-side-up to keep your items safe
- Great for temporary or long-term storage
- Great for long-distance moving
This option is even better because our team of cross-country movers to Long Island can pack and unpack your Cube for you. We can and will handle all the particulars from start to finish. Colonial Cubes are offered to any location within 250 miles of a hub spot.
Colonial Cubes Are Available in the Following Areas:
- Wyckoff, NJ
- Killeen, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Sacramento, CA
- Garner, NC
- Seattle, WA
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
Look below at some of our most frequently asked questions and their answers.
1. How Does the Colonial Cube Work?
The first step is dropping the Cube off at your current location, where you or our fully-qualified professional movers can pack it up for you. We will then transport it to your new location and store it nearby in a secure facility until you are ready to have it unpacked.
2. What Should I Prioritize During a Move?
Cross-country moving isn’t easy. Take a look at our long-distance moving checklist for some ideas to springboard off of and get you started on the process.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
Our team has been moving individuals and families across the country for decades. While we can’t control the weather or other similar mitigating circumstances, we will do everything we can to get you moved by your deadline. However, the more flexible you can be with that deadline, the more likely we’ll be able to move you seamlessly.