San Francisco Long Distance Movers
Are you planning on moving to San Francisco? We strongly support your decision! Here’s some important information you’ll need about San Francisco:
- Weather: San Francisco’s weather can change in a moment from sunny to foggy, windy, and cold. Dress in layers to be ready for any temperature, and remember that living by the Bay also is very beautiful!
- Population: A lot of people want to live and work in Silicon Valley—almost a million in San Francisco alone. It’s a busy place, so it’s smart to book your moving arrangements two or more months in advance if you can.
- Street Parking: Visit or get pictures of the street you’re going to live on, and figure out the best place a moving truck can park. Get any needed permissions from landlords or neighbors to park for a few hours.
At Colonial Van Lines, we have more than 50 years of experience in cross-country moving. San Francisco is constantly in motion, so we’ll use all our skills to move your quickly and efficiently into your new home in this beautiful city.
Long Distance Moving Services in San Francisco
What are the best cross-country movers to get you to San Francisco? At Colonial Van Lines we have a few different options available, including:
- Long-Distance Moving: We offer long-distance moving services that can help make your cross-country move easy to manage. Our professional packers ensure all your items are safe and secure during loading, moving, and unloading, so you can focus on getting settled in your new home.
- Colonial Cubes: Our Colonial Cubes moving and storage service is available between any of our Colonial Cubes hub locations, or within 250 miles of a hub location if you’re moving closer to home.
It’s tough to plan every detail of a move, so think about making Colonial Van Lines your reliable moving partner. We give free quotes with no obligations—which can make your planning a little easier for you. Just fill out the form above, and we’ll give you your quote quickly.
Let Mover Bob Calculate the Cost of Your Move
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
The Colonial Cube
Our Colonial Cubes are a modular moving and storage service and are available with 250 miles of any of our Colonial Cube hub locations. This full-service moving and storage option allows you greater flexibility with your move. Whether you’re moving to a new state or a couple of miles away, Colonial Cubes is a safe, secure, convenient way to move.
Our Colonial Cubes are:
- Stored right-side-up to keep your items safe
- Great for temporary or long-term storage
- Great for long-distance moving
With our Colonial Cube service, you have the flexibility to move and store your items at your discretion. Keep your Cube at your home until you’ve finished packing, or work with our professional movers to pack and load it for you. When you’re ready to move or store your belongings, simply contact our team for pickup. We will drop it off at your new home, or store it in one of our secure storage facilities until you’re ready to have your Cube sent to your new home. Plus, unlike our competitors, we offer full-service packing and unpacking from point A to B to make your move even easier.
Colonial Cubes Hubs Are Available In The Following Areas:
- Chicago, IL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Garner, NC
- Killeen, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Wyckoff, NJ
Colonial Cubes Services the Following California Locations:
Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
1. How Does the Colonial Cube Work?
First, we drop off the Colonial Cube at your house. You can then pack it yourself or allow our movers to do so. Once finished, place a lock on the cube and then we can either transport it straight to your new location or keep it at our secure storage facility until you are ready for it.
2. What Should I Prioritize During a Move?
Cross-country moving is filled with a lot of difficult decisions. If you need help making a plan, be sure to check out our long-distance moving checklist.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
Colonial Van Lines prides itself on giving prompt, quality service. However, the more flexible you are with your moving date, the more likely it is that your cross-country moving will be seamless.