Are you planning on moving to Springfield, VA, from out of state? Or maybe you are living in Springfield and are moving across the country. Either way, Colonial Van Lines can help.
Our professional movers specialize in cross-country moving. We will help you every step of the way, from packing up your items to getting them into your new home.
Springfield Long-Distance Moving
Springfield is one of the best cities in Virginia. As part of the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, it is home to young professionals and growing families alike, mixing city and suburban life. With no traffic, it is a quick half-hour drive from the city. This area boasts opportunity, culture, and an educated and hardworking population.
Here’s some quick advice if you’re thinking about moving to Springfield:
- Humidity: Springfield and the greater DC area boasts hot, humid summers and cold winters. In the peak of summer, the average humidity is a muggy 66%.
- Culture: One of the best things about living in Springfield is the proximity to Washington DC, without living in the heart of the city. That means you and your family will have quick access to national monuments and the Smithsonian museums.
- Landscapes: Springfield is located an hour’s drive from the beautiful Shenandoah National Park, offering lush hikes and an escape from the bustle of working downtown. The closer Burke Lake is another popular outdoor site for locals.
Start planning for long-distance moving to or from Springfield as soon as you can. Ideally, you should book your cross-country movers in Springfield at least three weeks in advance, especially if you’re moving in the summer. You should also account for longer travel times, as traffic can be heavy in the DC area.
LET MOVER BOB CALCULATE THE COST OF YOUR MOVE
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
The Colonial Cube
We offer a Colonial Cube service in a select number of cities, and locations within 250 miles of these hubs. We are planning to expand our cube services into more areas so we can help more people have an even better experience with long-distance moves.
Colonial Cubes are all about flexibility. Pack up your cube, lock it, store it securely, and we will deliver it to your new home when you’re ready for it. You can pack your cube and unpack it at your new location according to your own schedule, without the pressure of a strict timeline for your move. Moving is stressful enough already, and Colonial Cubes make it easier.
Each of our Colonial Cubes:
- Is handled carefully to protect your belongings.
- Is strong enough to withstand impact to care for your things.
- Can be moved directly to your new home, or placed in storage until you’re ready to move into your new home.
If you need extra help packing and unpacking, our professional movers can always help you with your cube for even more convenience during your move.
Colonial Cube Hubs Are Available in The Following Locations
Our Colonial Cube service is available if you move to an area within 250 miles of one of our hub cities. Currently, these cities include:
- Wyckoff, NJ
- Killeen, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Sacramento, CA
- Garner, NC
- Seattle, WA
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
If your area isn’t on our Colonial Hubs list, please check back soon! We’re always looking to expand our service into new areas and cities.
Cross-Country Movers in Springfield
Moving across the country can be stressful. Colonial Van Lines is here to take the headache out of cross-country moving. To help get your possessions from point A to point B, we offer full-service long-distance moving. Our professional moving team will help you pack and make sure every last item reaches its destination safely and securely.
We can help you develop a plan to get your cross-country move done effectively. Contact us today for a free quote by filling out the form above. We can’t wait to be a part of your journey to a new home!
Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
1. How Does the Colonial Cube Work?
First, we drop off the Colonial Cube at your house. You can then pack it yourself or allow our movers to do so. Once finished, place a lock on the cube and then we can either transport it straight to your new location or keep it at our secure storage facility until you are ready for it.
2. What Should I Prioritize During a Move?
Cross-country moving is filled with a lot of difficult decisions. If you need help making a plan, be sure to check out our long-distance moving checklist.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
Colonial Van Lines prides itself on giving prompt, quality service. However, the more flexible you are with your moving date, the more likely it is that your cross-country moving will be seamless.
Click here for additional FAQs.