Do your ambitions include moving to the Washington, DC, area? Save your time and energy and delegate some of the cross-country moving tasks to the experts.
For more than 50 years, Colonial Van Lines has helped Americans from janitors to junior politicians move to new states. Our help and advice can quickly get you installed in a new home in the Washington, DC, area.
Washington, DC, Long Distance Movers
Moving cross-country marks an important transition in anyone’s life and moving long distance to the Washington, DC, area usually means your career is moving up. Here are a few tips to help you to fit in on The Hill:
- Use the Metro: DC natives get around the problems of parking and traffic by using the Metro. Take time to understand its patterns and schedule. You might even think about storing your car, which may rarely get used.
- Downsize: In order to be closer to your work, you might look for a smaller living space than you’re used to. If so, get rid of some of your things or put them in secure storage.
- Plan for a Higher Cost of Living: The DC area can come with much higher prices than certain areas of the country—especially if you’re moving downtown. Carefully replan your budget to get ready.
One of our best tips is to use highly experienced cross country movers in the Washington, DC, area. Colonial Van Lines has a reputation for keeping our customers’ possessions safe. And we keep our promises.
Long Distance Moving Services in the Washington, DC, Area
We’ve helped thousands of Americans move from state to state. We’ve become experts at padding and arranging our clients’ things in the best ways possible to prevent breakage and loss. We offer services that include:
- Long Distance Moving: We’ll get your household moved as quickly as possible, and we can offer full-service loading and unloading of your moving truck.
Let us take the stress out of your long-distance move to the Washington, DC, area. If you need to save time because of a demanding job, we can do as much of the packing and unpacking for you as you need. Get a free quote now.
Let Mover Bob Calculate the Cost of Your Move
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
The Colonial Cube
Colonial Van Lines offers our Colonial Cubes service in select locations and we are always looking to expand to new areas whenever possible.
What is a Colonial Cube? It’s a high-quality, transportable storage unit. It is also a way of making your move more convenient. We’ll leave your cube at your current home for as long as you need it. You can load it up gradually, as you have time—or let us load it for you.
We’ll move your cube when you’re ready. We can even keep it in storage and send it to your home when you want it, on your schedule.
Each of our cubes:
- Can be stored in a secure storage facility
- Is built to withstand weather and impacts
- Will be handled with professionalism to protect the items inside
You can hire our licensed, experienced movers to pack your cube for you, and doing so can save you a lot of time. We use top-of-the-line padding and other equipment to keep your things safe. We can also unload your things in the Washington, DC, area, and set up your home the way you request.
Colonial Cubes Hubs Are Available in the Following Areas
Colonial Cube services are available within 250 miles of our Colonial Cube hub cities. Currently, our Colonial Cubes services are available in the following hub cities:
- Wyckoff, NJ
- Killeen, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Sacramento, CA
- Garner, NC
- Seattle, WA
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Los Angeles, CA
If you don’t see your city on our list yet—don’t worry! We’re always expanding our services so we can continue to make moving easy for everyone.
Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
1. How Does the Colonial Cube Work?
First, we drop off the Colonial Cube at your house. You can then pack it yourself or arrange for our movers to do so. Once finished, place a lock on the cube and then we can either transport it straight to your new location or keep it at our secure storage facility until you are ready for it.
2. What Should I Prioritize During a Move?
Cross-country moving is filled with a lot of difficult decisions. If you need help making a plan, be sure to check out our long-distance moving checklist.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
Colonial Van Lines prides itself on giving prompt, quality service. However, the more flexible you are with your moving date, the more likely it is that your cross-country moving will be seamless.
Have more questions? Check out Colonial Van Lines other Frequently Asked Questions for more information.