Everyone moves at some point in their life, chances are you have moved or will be moving sometime in the future. Whether you are planning a local move or a long distance move across the country we have some of the best moving advice for you. We have plenty of experience with moves of all kinds whether you are moving from a house, an apartment or a college dorm we have done it all. Read more below and don’t forget to check out our MoveHub blog for more resources to help you with your move.
Moving Advice That Makes Moving Simple
- Stay Organized: Keeping things in order is one of the best ways to make your moving experience seamless. Any of our moving experts will give you the same moving advice when it comes to keeping all of your items in order. Make sure to keep items from specific areas and rooms in your home in the same place before you pack. Labeling these items and or keeping them in specific categories can help you keep track of everything and makes the process of unpacking after you move much simpler.
- Plan Ahead: If you are waiting until the last minute to prepare for a move, you are in for a rude awakening. Rushing to find a mover, preparing your family and get everything put together leads to a whole lot of stress that you don’t need. Taking the time to plan a move will help you avoid any unnecessary hassles you may potentially face.
Moving Advice That Saves You Money
- Do Your Research: If you have not done so already do some research on the movers you are working with. Check out their website and social media profiles. A reputable and professional mover will have an actual presence on the internet. We are a perfect example of this, our MoveHub blog and our Social Media profiles are always active with new content and tips for anyone to take advantage of.
- Pick The Right Mover: One of the best ways you can save money on your move is by picking the right mover. It is important to find a professional, qualified, licensed and insures moving company. Don’t simply choose a mover based on the price they give you. The moving industry is very competitive and there are many companies that will give you a lower price and with that comes a lower level of service.
- Look For Deals: Moving companies are just like any other business in the market when it comes to sales and specials. When you are speaking with a moving coordinator ask about any special saving or deals they may be running. Sometimes you might just catch some luck and save a few hundred bucks, who wouldn’t like that as some moving advice?
Moving Advice For Smaller Spaces
- Downsizing: If you are moving into a smaller space like an apartment or college dorm it is a good idea to downsize. Considering that you will have limited space for your items getting rid of a few things won’t hurt.
- Have a Garage Sale: If it’s not easy for you to part with some of your old items try having a garage sale. Some people literally make thousands of dollars on items they no longer use. If you could put a few extra bills in your pocket it will surely soften the blow of getting rid of some “prized possessions”.
- Donate Your Items: Giving back to the community is a great feeling and it can help you downsize your move. There are plenty of organizations out there like Move For Hungerand Goodwill that will accept your donations. You may think that your old clothes and household items you rarely ever use have no purpose. The truth is there are many people that may need the stuff you never use.
Moving Advice If You Have Kids
- Research The Neighborhood: Moving to a new city or state is already a big change but if you have kids it is a good idea to check out the neighborhood. Every parent wants to make sure their children have the best of everything. Some of the more important things to look at are the school ratings and if the area is family friendly.
- Let The Kids Help: Kids can get bored pretty easily especially when almost all of their toys are packed in boxes. Let the little ones help out, give them some things to do like packing a go away bag. Do your best to try and make moving fun for your children it’s already enough that they will need to adjust to a new home.
- Ask For Help: If you have some help don’t be afraid to ask for it. Having your children spend a few days with their aunts, uncles or grandparents isn’t that bad of an idea. You can take the time to work on getting everything squared away. Meanwhile, your family gets to spend quality time with your kids.
Moving The Right Way
Keeping things simple is the best moving advice we can give you. Our goal is to make sure that you have all the tools and resources we provide at your disposal. If you find yourself wondering what you need to do when planning a move visit our MoveHub for some free tips. If you are ready to book your move today drop us a line and speak with one of our moving coordinators.