COLONIAL COVID-19 UPDATE
On behalf of everyone at Colonial Van Lines, our hearts go out to all those impacted by COVID-19 this includes not only those diagnosed with the virus but also their friends and family, those whose jobs and schools have been impacted and so many more. Our focus is, as always, on the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities.
Colonial Van Lines would like to provide you with some information regarding how we are reacting to the current COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.
Colonial’s Long Distance Moving Services Are Fully Operational
We are fully operational and servicing thousands of families across the country meeting our commitments to our customers in the safest and most efficient manner possible.
We’re all figuring out how best to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak. At Colonial Van Lines, we are taking preventative measures as well as providing resources to help everyone stay safe and healthy.
Moving Date Changes?
At Colonial, You Can Reschedule Free of Charge
Colonial understands that in these uncertain times, your move date may be subject to change. Don’t stress, because with Colonial you can reschedule your move at no cost up to 5 business days before the first day of your loading or pack date.
COVID-19 Preventative Measures Employed
Colonial Van Lines is largely obtaining guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Some recommended strategies we are employing include:
- Continuous connection with all Agents, Fleet Drivers, Corporate, Warehouse and Terminal Offices for real-time guidance and strategies.
- Mandatory “stay home if sick” policy to ensure any employees can stay home if sick and get a proper diagnosis if required.
- Sharing CDC’s General Prevention Guide.
- Our Communications Team is posting daily updates on any areas that have increasing confirmed cases to raise awareness for additional protective measures.
- Ramping up routine environmental cleaning- trucks, trailers, warehouse and office spaces.
- Strategic diesel fuel reserve measures.
- Emergency kits in trucks (face mask, gloves, antibacterial gel)
We will continue to assess the situation as it develops and will adjust our response as appropriate.
As always, we thank you for your patronage and wish you good health.