Let Mover Bob Calculate the Cost of Your Move
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
Don’t Just Take Our Word for It. Read Our Trusted Reviews from Real People
A poorly planned move can cost you. You could end up paying for add-ons and supplementary services that aren’t part of the original package you signed up for. To avoid getting caught in an expense trap, plan long-distance moves carefully — and this includes finding out how much you should prepare for a professional moving service. So, before you sign any contract, request a long-distance moving estimate from Colonial Van Lines.
Reliable and Approximate Price Estimates
We provide free, long-distance moving quotes for families moving cross-country. We can give you an expense breakdown so that you can see where your payment goes. We believe in honesty and transparency, moreover. If you have questions about our pricing packages, feel free to let us know. Request a Moving Quote
Get a free moving quote from Colonial Van Lines in three easy steps.
- Step 1: Enter the zip code of your current residence in the form above.
- Step 2: Provide the zip code of your new address, your moving date, and other relevant details.
- Step 3: Enter your email address. We will send your price estimate to the address you provide.
If there’s one thing we can guarantee, it’s that we don’t hide service charges from our clients. You approve all services up-front. So, we recommend that you let us know precisely which of our services you need, and use our In-Home Estimator Moving App for good measure. We will then give you an approximate estimate of your total bill.
You won’t go wrong when you choose us as your moving company. Request a free long-distance moving quote from Colonial Van Lines today.
A Quick Guide to Moving Quotes
Ever thought about how moving firms determine the overall cost of your move? They calculate your moving prices depending on several factors, including but not limited to:
- The Number of Belongings – Your move will be more costly if you have much stuff to transport. It will take longer to unload and load these items.
- Labor Costs – You’ll typically be paying moving professionals by the hour for local moves. When it comes to interstate or long-distance moves, however, companies usually include the estimated labor cost in the moving quote.
- Packing Costs – If you want movers to pack and unpack your belongings for you, be ready to shell out extra cash for this service.
- The Mileage between the Origin and Destination – The distance between point A and point B affects the overall cost of the move. Generally, the cost is higher when the distance between the destination and origin is longer. This is because you’ll need to pay for gas, as well as for the driver who will be transporting your belongings.