Are you planning on moving to Seattle, making your home in the Pacific Northwest? Considering moving out of the Seattle area to another state?
Whether you are coming or going, you’re going to want cross-country movers in Seattle that know what they’re doing and who will treat you right. You’ll find them at Colonial Van Lines.
Seattle Long Distance Movers
The Emerald City has been known for lots of things over the years, such as the birthplace of grunge music, their vibrant cafes, and as a haven for outdoor activities. In recent years, it’s made a name for itself as being a great place to live, which is why it’s one of the fastest-growing cities in the U.S. Here are some things to consider before cross-country moving to Seattle:
- It Rains—A Lot: Seattleites are no strangers to rain, as the city gets about 38 inches of precipitation a year. It should be known that most of the time, the rain comes as a drizzle, so you shouldn’t need an umbrella, just a good rain jacket.
- Dog-Friendly: Seattle is a city for dog lovers. There are numerous on-leash and off-leash parks for canines sprawled across the city. Some businesses even allow employees to bring their dogs to work with them. There are plenty of indoor and outdoor accommodations for dog owners across town.
Environmentally Conscious: If you like plastic bags, you won’t find them in Seattle. The residents here go green in many aspects of their lives. Recycling centers are plentiful, and there are plenty of options for organic food choices.
If you plan on long-distance moving to Seattle, book your moving services at least three months in advance to ensure that you’ll have the help you need when it’s time to move. Also account for traffic with travel times, as Seattle has its share.
Long Distance Moving Services in Seattle
Rather than dealing with the hassle of cross-country moving yourself, try utilizing the help of our long distance movers in Seattle through one of the following services that we offer:
- Long-Distance Moving: At Colonial Van Lines, we can help you plan and execute your move from beginning to end. We take the utmost care with your items, making sure they arrive safely at your new home.
- Colonial Cubes: Looking for more versatility in your move? Try our Colonial Cubes. This modular service allows you more freedom with how you move with secure transportation of your belongings from your location to where you want them, when you want them.
When it comes to cross-country moving, a little planning now saves you a big headache later. Our specialists can help you make a plan that takes your specific needs into account, helping to relieve the burden that moving can place on your shoulders.
Let Mover Bob Calculate the Cost of Your Move
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
The Colonial Cube
The Colonial Cube allows movers like yourself an unparalleled amount of versatility when long-distance moving to or from Seattle. No matter what your plans are for your big move, the Colonial Cube offers an easy way for you to safely and securely transport your possessions.
Our Colonial Cubes are:
- Stored right-side-up to keep your items safe
- Great for temporary or long-term storage
- Great for long-distance moving
Unlike similar modular moving services, our Colonial Cube service sets itself apart with the option of our professional movers packing the cube for you, if you prefer. We deliver the cube to you, help you set it up, and pick it up when you’re done. We can then keep it for you at one of our storage facilities where it will remain safe until the time you need it or deliver it to your new address.
Colonial Cube Hubs Are Available In The Following Areas:
Our Colonial Cube services have hub locations all over the United States. We can move or store cubes within 250 miles of any of our hub locales:
- Chicago, IL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Garner, NC
- Killeen, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Wyckoff, NJ
Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
1. How Does the Colonial Cube Work?
First, we drop off the Colonial Cube at your house. You can then pack it yourself or allow our movers to do so. Once finished, place a lock on the cube and then we can either transport it straight to your new location or keep it at our secure storage facility until you are ready for it.
2. What Should I Prioritize During a Move?
Cross-country moving is filled with a lot of difficult decisions. If you need help making a plan, be sure to check out our long-distance moving checklist.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
Colonial Van Lines prides itself on giving prompt, quality service. However, the more flexible you are with your moving date, the more likely it is that your cross-country moving will be seamless.