Are you planning on moving to Charlotte, NC, from another state? You’re always going to run into special challenges when cross-country moving.
With more than 50 years of experience, Colonial Van Lines can guide you around every bump in the road and get you moved to Charlotte quickly.
Charlotte Long Distance Movers
Some people get stressed about the culture shock and difficulties of leaving their state, but moving to Charlotte, NC, has a lot of advantages. Get more confidence through knowledge about the area with these tips:
- Outdoor Lifestyle: You can take a trip to either the mountains or the beach from Charlotte, rafting on the Catawba River or boating on Lake Norman. Keep your outdoor shoes and other gear accessible at the top of the pile while you’re moving.
- Unpredictable Weather: Around here, a clear sky can suddenly turn into a pounding rainstorm and then back again in minutes. Keep an umbrella in your car at all times, even in the summer. On the other hand, the rain calms down a lot in the winter.
- Neighborhood Charms: If you’re still deciding where to live, research the neighborhoods of Dilworth, Fourth Ward, Elizabeth, NoDa Arts District, University City, and Uptown. Each has a distinct culture, and one may appeal to you more than another.
Embrace a Southern lifestyle in Charlotte. The people are friendly and proud of their heritage. Do as the locals do, and you’ll learn the charms of this beautiful region.
Long Distance Moving Services in Charlotte
Our cross-country movers in Charlotte, NC, have the experience that comes with thousands of state-to-state moves. We use the latest safety equipment combined with time-tested techniques to keep your hard-earned possessions safe. Our major services include:
- Long Distance Moving: Besides safely delivering all your items to Portland, we can also offer full-service packing and unpacking, even placing your furniture exactly as you need it in your new home.
- Colonial Cubes: Our storage cubes offer flexibility and convenience. We can leave the cube in your driveway for days while you pack it at your own pace. Then, we’ll move it straight to your new home in North Carolina or store it in nearby Raleigh until you need it.
We can make long-distance moving to Charlotte, NC, less stressful for you. If you don’t have much time to take off of work, let us create a customized service that takes care of as many moving details as you need. You can get a free, no-obligation quote here.
Let Mover Bob Calculate the Cost of Your Move
From the Nation’s Top Long Distance Moving Company
The Colonial Cube
Our Colonial Cubes are a modular moving and storage service and are available with 250 miles of any of our Colonial Cube hub locations. This full-service moving and storage option allows you greater flexibility with your move. Whether you’re moving to a new state or a couple of miles away, Colonial Cubes is a safe, secure, convenient way to move.
Our Colonial Cubes are:
- Stored right-side-up to keep your items safe
- Great for temporary or long-term storage
- Great for long-distance moving
With our Colonial Cube service, you have the flexibility to move and store your items at your discretion. Keep your Cube at your home until you’ve finished packing, or work with our professional movers to pack and load it for you. When you’re ready to move or store your belongings, simply contact our team for pickup. We will drop it off at your new home, or store it in one of our secure storage facilities until you’re ready to have your Cube sent to your new home. Plus, unlike our competitors, we offer full-service packing and unpacking from point A to B to make your move even easier.
Colonial Cubes Hubs Are Available In The Following Areas:
- Chicago, IL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Garner, NC
- Killeen, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Wyckoff, NJ
Colonial Cubes Services the Following FAQ
Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
1. How Does the Colonial Cube Work?
First, we drop off the Colonial Cube at your house. You can then pack it yourself or allow our movers to do so. Once finished, place a lock on the cube and then we can either transport it straight to your new location or keep it at our secure storage facility until you are ready for it.
2. What Should I Prioritize During a Move?
Cross-country moving is filled with a lot of difficult decisions. If you need help making a plan, be sure to check out our long-distance moving checklist.
3. How Long Does This Process Take?
Colonial Van Lines prides itself on giving prompt, quality service. However, the more flexible you are with your moving date, the more likely it is that your cross-country moving will be seamless.