Moving across the state or country? We’ll get your belongings to your destination as conveniently as possible. Colonial Van Lines is a full-service national and long-distance moving company that takes the stress out of your next relocation.
Our long-distance moving specialists are people you can depend on to get your items transported to your preferred national destination. From beginning to end, our movers will walk you through the moving process carefully and give you the quality service you deserve.
On top of an outstanding moving team, we make sure to come up with a customized long-distance moving plan to easily transport your goods from point A to point B. Tailoring our relocation services allows us to maximize your effort, money, and time.
Don’t Just Take Our Word for It. Read Our Trusted Reviews from Real People
Booking Doesn’t Have to Be Complex
As one of the country’s top moving companies, we simplify the cross-country moving process for our customers by breaking down our booking process into four simple steps:
- Get in touch with us. Call us at (800) 356-1855 to consult with one of our moving professionals. You can also fill out our online contact form.
- Tell us your moving details. What is your proposed moving date? What origin zip code would we be picking you up from? What destination zip code are relocating you to?
- Our moving professionals will help you prepare a detail inventory. In addition, you can also use our virtual estimator app (available at the App Store and Google Play) for an accurate quote.
- Talk to our team for more information. From start to finish your will have a team of dedicated professionals to ensure exceptional service.
On top of making our booking process easy to follow, we go the extra mile by personalizing your moving experience. We assign a personal relocation assistant who takes note of your special transportation requirements and moving needs. Additionally, we design a tailored plan to help make your move a fantastic experience.
Our Reputable Cross Country Relocation Services
A cross-country move could take you from north-to-south, coast-to-coast, or along any combination of state-of-state routes across the country. This presents many challenges due to the level of organization required along with the miles of travel involved.
The good news is that you can simplify your cross-country move with Colonial Van Lines. As a leading cross-country moving company, we provide outstanding relocation services to all our customers.
Why Choose Us to Fulfill Your Moving Needs
Only interstate moving companies can transport your household goods and other personal items across the country — and we happen to be one of them. When you choose us over ordinary cross-country movers, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Free, No-Obligation Moving Quotes: We believe that customers shouldn’t have to shell out cash to figure out the cost of their cross-country move. The fee is on us, as our goal is to see you make an informed relocation decision.
- Friendly Movers: The process of moving can be demanding, and we want to make your experience less stressful. That’s why we send only friendly and professional movers to your place. They’ll treat your move with the respect and attention it deserves.
- Nationwide Service: Whether you’re heading to the opposite side of the country or just to a state next door, our experienced cross-country moving team has the equipment and experience to get you there.
Tips for a Successful Move
Find a Reputable Mover
Not all full-service long distance moving companies offer the same level of quality service. It’s a good idea to conduct some research about your mover to make sure they’re a trustworthy and excellent company. Fortunately, we’re a highly rated relocating company that caters to your moving needs. We give you a fair quote that satisfies your specific requirements. On top of that, we have decades of experience in relocation. Rest assured that we know a thing or two about long-distance moving.
Plan Months in Advance
A long-distance move is an important event in your life. The best way to make sure everything goes according to plan is to prepare months ahead of your intended move day. Our friendly moving specialists are available to make your relocation experience smooth and stress-free. They are ready to help you with transport, packing, and other moving concerns. After all, our goal is to serve you as excellently as possible.
Label Your Boxes Properly
If you are doing the packing yourself, write a list of the items that are inside the box. Don’t forget to put the room where the items will go. Markings, such as “master bedroom” or “dining room”, will make placing items easier for your movers. Pro Tip: If you don’t have the time to pack your household items, our professional movers are available to help. We wrap your goods in durable and thick blankets to help prevent damage.
Keep Your Personal and Important Items with You
Keep personal documents, such as birth certificate, passport, social security card, driver’s license, recent tax returns, and recent bank statements with you. You may need these documents when you apply for a job. Also, don’t forget to include hygiene products, sleeping materials, a few pieces of clothing, medicines, and other items to keep yourself comfortable and healthy while you wait for our movers to arrive.
At Colonial Van Lines, we encourage our clients to know the specific circumstances that may influence the cost of their move.
We also want you to be financially prepared for your move. From our FREE, no-obligation quote and moving apps to our useful money-saving moving suggestions, here’s everything you need to know about calculating and budgeting for your next move.
First Things First: How Much Is the Average Moving Cost?
The cost of a long-distance move can vary widely depending on several things. It’s important to take account of as many of them as possible in order to get an accurate estimate.
What Are The Factors Affecting Your Moving Costs?
- The Distance of the Move. The verified mileage is a large determining factor. A move with lesser mileage will generally cost less than going a greater distance.
- Moving Date. When you move is just as important as how you move. The specific date of your relocation can affect moving costs dramatically. For example, moves during the end or very beginning of the month, especially during peak seasons can less competitive than mid-month or off-season moves.
- The Weight of Your Move, based on the weight of your household goods you are transporting, is how the final charges are verified. Customers should always receive their estimate based on verifiable weight and mileage.
- Transportation Costs. Included in your estimate will be all transportation costs such as labor, fuel, fuel surcharge, insurance surcharge, taxes and tolls.
- Storage. If you need storage, we will be able to safely store your goods until you are relocated and deliver within your desired timeframe.
- Packing Services. Customers who may be short on time to pack their personal effects and fragiles, can hire a professional to do the job for them. Professionally pack all or only part of your shipment.
- Moving Add-Ons. Additional services may include moving fragile or specialty items.
Make your next big move with a long-distance mover that you can trust. Let Colonial Van Lines do the work for you. Browse through our FAQs to learn more.